Professional Personal Care In Jacksonville, FL
While it is not uncommon for older adults to deny age-related challenges, it is important to be on the lookout for any signs of declining independence. When you notice that your loved one has trouble completing daily tasks, it is time to consider your care options. You may wish to help your parent yourself, but in some cases, this may not be the best solution. When seniors have difficulties with personal care, they are typically more comfortable receiving assistance from trained professionals due to the delicate nature of the activities involved. What is also crucial to consider is that some of these tasks also come with safety concerns if not performed by an expert.
Concierge Care Jacksonville can be your partner in caregiving, assisting your loved one with all activities related to personal care and hygiene. Our caregivers are all trained to expertly, carefully, and delicately address these personal matters, making sure to reduce any possible embarrassment. With our help, your loved one can get the support they need to age at home for as long as possible. Depending on your loved one’s situation, we can provide care from a couple of hours per week to full, 24-7 care.
Personal care activities we can assist your loved one with include:
- Bathing or showering – Our caregivers are extra careful when helping your loved one in and out of the tub or shower to reduce the risk of falls and injuries. Regular showering or bathing prevents issues like rashes and odors and keeps seniors looking and feeling their best.
- Dental care – We can assist your parent with washing their teeth and taking care of their dentures
- Grooming, dressing, putting on makeup – Our care providers can help your loved one get out of their pajamas and into daily clothes, comb their hair, put their makeup on, and much more.
- Medication reminders – Our personal care experts can remind your parent when and how to take their medications, thus preventing any type of medication mismanagement.
- Toileting and incontinence care – We perform these activities with the utmost care and respect for the client and ensure they are never uncomfortable.
- Mobility – We can help your loved one move in and outside their home, lowering the risk of falls and other injuries. Our services can also include assistance with transfers and mechanical aids.
- Meal preparation – Proper nutrition is important in senior years and our caregivers can prepare healthy meals for your loved one.
- Exercising – We can assist with exercises allowed by your loved one’s physician.
To learn more about our expert services in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas, please contact your nearest Concierge Care office!