NEED IN HOME CARE SERVICES?... Fill out the form or give us a call 888-205-9940 for a free in-home care consultation
Medication Management In Daytona
To maintain health and keep chronic or other health problems in order, many seniors take upward of 5 medications on a daily basis. In addition to taking several medications each day, seniors need to remember how to take each one. For example, some medications need to be taken on an empty stomach whereas others should be taken during or after a meal. There is a wide variety of instructions for medication intake that need to be followed to the letter for the medications to have the desired effect and to prevent any side-effects.
At Concierge Care, we provide medication management in Daytona, helping the seniors we serve to take their medications precisely as instructed by their physicians. If you are concerned about your loved one’s ability to manage their demanding medication schedule, our caregivers can give you peace of mind. With our help, your parent or relative will adhere to their medication schedule and remain as healthy and safe as possible.
Medication management in Daytona, FL is one of our most important services due to a number of reasons. To begin with, a lot of seniors have problems remembering when and how to take their meds. Some forget to take them on time, others often take too high a dose. Medication mismanagement is a major health concern for older adults and it can cause a myriad of side-effects and health problems, some of which can lead to emergency room visits or even hospitalization.
Here is what our medication management in Daytona includes:
- Medication reconciliation with a physician (developing a detailed list of all the medications your loved one is taking with all the necessary information and instructions)
- Medication education & training (ensuring that your loved one understands why they are taking their medications and providing them with training on how medications should be taken)
- Medication interaction assessment (understanding how medications interact with each other)
- Filling medication pillboxes (sorting medications in pillboxes so your loved one could easily know when to take each one)
- Monitoring for medication side effects (if side effects are observed, they are immediately reported to family and medical professionals)
- Providing medication reminders (reminding seniors when and how to take their medications)
- Refilling & picking medications up from a local pharmacy (many seniors forget to refill their prescriptions, so we ensure they always have enough medications)
- And more
If you would like to learn more about our medication management in Daytona, we encourage you to reach out to our local office today and we will happily answer all your questions, schedule your consultation, or help you get started with our services.